Friday, February 12, 2010

Maps!

I have been printing maps from the openstreetmap. Unfortunately, I did not see a way to upload these maps to my iphone, and I do not have a gps unit, but I believe that old fashioned paper printouts will be plenty helpful while trying to navigate the streets of Port-au-Prince.

These maps were "created the previous hurricane season where people around the world drew roads and buildings. Incomplete at the time, the newly scanned historic map provided and additional source of information in which to continue digitizing roads, bridges, cities, and hospitals."
You can read more about it here.

Curiously, one road I did find missing on these maps was a straight line from Santiago to Port-au-Prince. I hope that there is a road, even if not a straight line.

No comments:

Post a Comment